Saturday, February 18, 2012

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Well...here we are.

If you find yourself here, I can bet that you are like me in a few ways.

1. You are tired of feeling tired.
2. You are sick of feeling uncomfortable in your own body.
3. You are ready, or hope you are ready to make a change for the better.

I want to start by saying that in no way do I want anyone to consider me a role model for this journey. I have failed to lose the weight more times than I can count. I have been overweight for 15 years. Initially, I blamed my children. The pregnancies. My metabolism. My unhappiness. Now I see the past more clearly. I see the things I could have done differently to prevent the situation I am in. Now is the time for me to take responsibility for the behaviors that led me here and to take charge of my body and get back where I belong.

I am simply feeling empowered by the transformation I have been feeling lately and I wanted to share my experiences with you. If I can help to motivate you, wonderful! Honestly though, I am hoping to find strength and motivation through you!! I think a community of others who are working towards a common goal is extremely beneficial. Not only do I think that, but it has been proven through research that support groups WORK for weight loss and maintenance.

I am using the Weight Watchers Points Plus program. I love it. Many of my tips will be for that program, but feel free to follow whatever program that works for your life and your body.

I am six weeks into this and I have lost 16.4 pounds. Moreover, I feel better than I have in a very long time. I am feeling so much more energetic. I am sleeping fewer hours and waking up rested; ready for the day. Best of all, I feel in control of my body.

I should tell you that I have also cut out dairy and most "fake" foods. Dairy seems to have awful side effects for me and as for the crap food? I just don't believe that it is doing us any favors. So, you won't find any sugar-substitutes or lab-created low calorie foods on here. And that is where I feel WW and I split. All the meetings I have gone to really push the sugar-free, fat-free agenda. I have come to the realization that I feel more energetic, less hungry and lose weight more if I eat real, nutritious food and count my points.

Ok...that is my story. I hope you want to start this journey with me! We'll do it together. One day at a time. I know it's going to be a long road...but I'm ready.

Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment