Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Calendar

I have a good friend who is always encouraging my efforts to be healthier. She gave me this great idea and I want to share it! I modified her plan a tiny bit to work for me, feel free to do the same.

1. Print out a free calendar for the month.
2. Find a pen.
3. Tape calendar to your mirror or your fridge.
4. Every day, and I mean EVERY DAY, write down your weight when you wake up.
5. Before you go to bed, give yourself a check if you exercised.
6. Below that, write down how many points or calories or whatever you had for the day.

I find this helpful for many reasons. To see my actual weight staring me in the face on a daily basis helps me to keep focus. And the points and exercise with the weight helps me see that my efforts are working. No matter how slowly...it is working. It also helps me see the patterns in my weight loss reflected in how I ate or exercised that week and it motivates me to do better.

I also keep my measurements on a Post-it on the back of the calendar and each month, I will remeasure and see my progress. After one month, I'd lost an inch in my waist and 3/4 inch in my hips. These are no small accomplishments and it's hard work. I'll take any reward I can get. ;)

One thing...we are all aware that weight naturally fluctuates day to day. Please do not freak out if one day you suddenly weigh three pounds more than the previous day. Stay the course. Look at the end of the month. It will be less than the beginning if you have followed your plan. Have faith.



No comments:

Post a Comment